Title: Office Associate
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Associate Director
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $25,000-$35,000 annually
Background & Scope of Responsibility
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement.
Founded in 2011 as Drive Oregon, Forth rebranded in 2017 to reflect its expanded geographic footprint, greater consumer engagement, and more robust work on connected, autonomous, and shared mobility. Forth now operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects.
The Office Associate will be responsible for managing our growing contact and membership database; basic financial and accounting support; and managing a range of administrative responsibilities. This position is ideal for a highly organized person with an interest in working at the cutting edge of sustainable advanced mobility in a growing, dynamic organization.
Description of Duties
Membership and Database Support (~40%). Forth has over 160 members, and expects to grow this membership substantially in coming years while adding more individual supporters. The organization also maintains a substantial contact database. The Office Associate will be the primary manager of our SalesForce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and provide core support to our membership and communications programs.
- Use SalesForce CRM software to build and manage Forth’s database of current and prospective members, newsletter subscribers, colleagues, and other contacts.
- Develop and maintain Salesforce “best practices” to increase effectiveness and accuracy of database.
- Produce regularly updated reports on members, member renewals, etc. as requested.
- Consistently input new and updated contact information into SalesForce as received.
Organizational Administration (~30%). Forth operates with a growing staff and a network of contractors, interns, and volunteers. As the organization’s primary administrative staff person, the Office Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist in all aspects of organizational management.
- Serve as initial point of contact for general calls and inquiries.
- Provide administrative support to the office and the Go Forth Electric Showcase: order supplies, receive and distribute incoming mail, prepare mailings, copy and distribute materials, etc.
- Maintain current organizational registrations and filings with various online service providers.
- Ensure office is maintained in an orderly condition.
- Identify and implement processes to keep our "ship" running smoothly.
- Other administrative responsibilities as required.
Accounting, Finance, and Personnel (~30%). Forth contracts with an outside accountant to produce monthly financial statements, conducts annual independent audits, and contracts with outside payroll and insurance firms. The Office Associate is responsible for assisting with Forth’s day-to-day accounting and personnel needs.
- Provide bookkeeping services in QuickBooks: pay bills, cut and mail checks, prepare and make deposits, create and process invoices, and produce basic financial reports.
- Assist contract accountant and auditor as required.
- Coordinate human resource needs with Associate Director.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and administrative systems
- Willingness and ability to travel; valid driver’s license
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Experience with QuickBooks, SalesForce or other CRM programs, and Microsoft Office, preferably in a Macintosh environment, strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a trade association or nonprofit organization, or working on transportation or environmental issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Starting salary range is $25,000 to $35,000, commensurate with experience, and all staff are also eligible for an annual performance bonus of up to 10% of base salary. Excellent benefits include 160 hours of paid vacation annually, fully paid health insurance for employee and all dependents (or a monthly stipend if covered by other insurance), and an employer retirement contribution of 3% of gross salary after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by January 18, 2019 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.