Title: Program Manager
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is helpful, but not necessary. Forth remains a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Program Management (~45%). Working closely with the Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager develops and facilitates programs that advance electric mobility.
- Develop and produce awareness and engagement campaigns related to furthering the adoption of electric vehicles.
- Support and maintain databases for the electric showcases and resources promoting ACES in the transportation sector.
- Work closely with community based organizations to seek and identify ways to advance new mobility options for priority populations.
- Manage consulting and fee for service roles for work with partners and partner projects relating to emerging vehicle technologies.
Consumer Engagement (~35%). The Program Manager works with external stakeholders, including local government, and electric utilities, to help consumers better understand electric mobility options and their advantages. In addition to engaging with general consumers, the Program Manager manages marketing efforts targeting specific key markets.
- Encourage and support electric utility programs that support transportation electrification.
- Encourage the use and promotion of state and regional incentives.
- Promote electric mobility in traditionally underserved communities.
- Promote the purchase and use of electric vehicles by fleets.
- Encourage developers and municipalities to provide charging for residents of multi-unit dwellings (MUDs) and encourage EV positive building codes.
- Support regional “ride and drive” events, and occasionally staff Forth’s electric vehicle showroom in downtown Portland.
Development and Organizational Management (~20%). The Program Manager works with other staff to cultivate funding support from electric utilities, government agencies, and other sources. Forth operates with a small staff, so the Program Manager must be flexible and prepared to assist where needed.
- Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals and progress reports.
- Actively seek out, apply for, and manage grant proposals.
- Support and manage client-based consulting and fee for service work.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices in order to adjust strategies over time.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values
- Working knowledge of local government, electric utilities, the electric vehicle field, transportation, or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or electric utilities
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum two years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
Starting salary range is $35,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience, and all staff are also eligible for an annual performance bonus of up to 10% of base salary. Excellent benefits include 160 hours of paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents (or a monthly stipend if covered by other insurance), and an employer retirement contribution of 3% of gross salary after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by July 12 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.