Senior Program Manager
Title: Senior Program Manager
Status: Regular, exempt position
Reports to: Deputy Director
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $60,000 to $75,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
Our continued growth and increasingly nationwide scope of work has created an opening for a Senior Program Manager to join our team in delivering cutting-edge “new mobility” demonstration projects and programs around the country. This includes a diverse portfolio of projects designed to advance electric, shared, connected and autonomous mobility, often with a special focus on delivering benefits to traditionally underserved communities. We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about new mobility, and comfortable working with diverse partners.
Forth remains a small, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development. While we prefer the successful candidate work full time and be housed at our headquarters in Portland, we would consider a remote or part-time work arrangement for an exceptional candidate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Program Management (~75%). The Senior Program Manager works with other staff to effectively manage campaigns and projects to advance and promote electric and new mobility solutions.
- Develop and manage demonstration projects relating to shared, connected, electric, and autonomous transportation.
- Work closely with cities, transportation companies, electric utilities, and other partners to develop and deliver high quality programming.
- Develop strategies to share best practices and scale their adoption.
- Coordinate or supervise Program Managers, Program Associates, and contractors.
Program and Business Development (~25%). The Senior Program Manager works with other staff to develop new project ideas and cultivate new sources of funding from governments, transportation companies, and other partners.
- Maintain Forth’s position as a thought leader in utility transportation electrification work.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and best practices to identify emerging opportunities and needs.
- Develop and refine new project ideas to advance Forth’s mission.
- Draft proposals and pitch project ideas to potential funders; lead RFP responses.
- Manage client-based consulting and fee for service work, grant funds, and other project funding.
- Maintain strong relationships, open communications, and regular reporting with funders.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values, including our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
- An entrepreneurial approach proven through successful business development or sales work
- Demonstrated strength in project and program management; ability to work independently and maintain “big picture” perspective
- Experience working for at least one of these key stakeholders: electric utilities, local governments, or major transportation companies
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license and passport
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
- Specific experience with autonomous, connected, electric, or shared mobility strategies
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
Starting salary range is $60,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include 160 hours of paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents (or a monthly stipend if covered by other insurance), and an employer retirement contribution of 3% of gross salary after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply through our HiringThing site by November 22 and submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter responding to the question: What mobility trend are you most looking forward to in the next three years?
We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.