Title: Office Associate
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $33,000 - 38,000
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website and check out our introductory video.
The Office Associate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of Forth’s office and IT systems on a day to day basis; supporting data entry and reporting in our CRM database; providing executive assistant support to Forth’s Executive Director; and managing a range of administrative responsibilities.
We seek candidates who are focused, highly organized, enthusiastic about non-profits, and have strong communication skills. Forth is a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Office and IT Management (~50%). The Office Associate is the main point of contact for all items related to Forth’s physical office and IT systems. Additionally, as the organization’s primary administrative staff person, the Office Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist in all aspects of organizational management.
- Serve as initial point of contact for general calls and inquiries; greet visitors and provide general support
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to keep our “ship” running smoothly
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment including computers, printer and telephones; provide IT onboarding for new staff and ongoing training as needed
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord; maintain current organizational registrations and filings
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies; receive and distribute incoming mail
Database Support (~30%). Forth uses Salesforce, a Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM) for maintaining contact information, tracking membership and sponsorships, and our newsletter communications. The Office Associate will complete day-to-day data entry and maintenance in Salesforce and provide core support to Forth staff as needed.
- Consistently input new and updated contact information into Salesforce as received from Forth staff
- Maintain clean data in Salesforce by merging duplicates, removing outdated data, and completing research to fill in gaps in contact/account information
- Produce reports on membership, sponsorship, newsletters, etc as requested
Executive Assistant and Board Support (~20%). The Office Associate provides direct support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. This includes scheduling, logistics, and administrative support as needed in a one-on-one working relationship with the Executive Director, and direct work with board members and committees.
- Organize, schedule and manage meetings, appointments, and occasional travel for the Executive Director; prepare materials for meetings as requested
- Serve as primary point of contact for the board of directors; work with Executive Director to plan and support board and committee meetings
- Prepare board meeting notes
- Other support duties as assigned
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values and a desire to deepen your understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Minimum two years of experience in office management, executive support, IT or related administrative field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Ability to quickly learn new software and administrative systems
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and set realistic goals
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development or related field
- Demonstrated experience in database entry and support; familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Experience troubleshooting macOS and other IT-related systems
- Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
Starting salary range is $33,000 to $38,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by March 6 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos at GinaA@forthmobility.org.