Human Resources (HR) & Database Associate
Title: Human Resources (HR) & Database Associate
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: Portland, OR (currently this position is primarily remote due to COVID-19 guidelines; options to work at Forth’s offices are available on a scheduled basis)
Hours: Full time (estimated 40 hours per week)
Starting Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through industry development; innovative demonstration projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Learn more on our website and check out our introductory video.
The HR & Database Associate will be responsible for supporting Forth’s growing personnel and human resources practices; ensuring the smooth operation of Forth’s office and IT systems on a day-to-day basis; supporting data entry and reporting in our customer relationship management (CRM) database; and managing a range of administrative responsibilities.
We seek candidates who are highly organized, enthusiastic about nonprofits, have strong communication skills, and are committed to advancing racial equity. Forth is a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Human Resources and Culture (50%). The HR & Database Associate supports Forth’s personnel and human resources programs and helps to ensure a strong workplace culture that puts people first and centers racial equity. Forth is a growing and nimble organization and the HR & Database Associate should be flexible and prepared to support, create, and improve new processes as appropriate.
• Support HR processes including recruitment, onboarding, and performance reviews
• Assist with benefits administration and support the annual renewal process
• Help administer payroll; maintain current and accurate personnel records
• Support handbook and policy updates as needed
• Support Forth’s “engagement“ team and support Associate Director in evaluating and strengthening workplace culture
• Support the development and application of practices that advance the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Database Support (30%). Forth uses Salesforce, a Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM) for maintaining contact information, tracking membership and sponsorships, and our newsletter communications. The HR & Database Associate will complete day-to-day data entry and maintenance in Salesforce and provide core support to Forth staff as needed.
• Consistently input new and updated contact information into Salesforce
• Maintain clean data in Salesforce by merging duplicates, removing outdated data, and completing research to fill in gaps in contact/account information
• Produce reports on membership, sponsorship, newsletters, etc. as requested
Office and IT Management (20%). The HR & Database Associate is the main point of contact for all items related to Forth’s physical office and IT systems. Additionally, the HR & Database Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist in all aspects of organizational management.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for general calls and inquiries; greet and support visitors
• Develop and implement office policies and procedures that keep our “ship” running smoothly
• Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot office equipment including computers, printer, and telephones; provide IT onboarding for new staff and ongoing training as needed
• Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord; maintain current organizational registrations and filings
• Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies; receive and distribute mail
● A passion for Forth’s mission and values and a desire to deepen your understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Minimum two years of experience in human resources, database support, or related administrative field
● Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
● Ability to quickly learn new software and administrative systems
● Tech-savvy and able to troubleshoot physical office equipment and technology.
● Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and set realistic goals
● An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meet deadlines
● Formal training/education in human resource management, organizational development, business, or related field
● Knowledge of HR laws/practices and proven policies and best practices relating to diversity, inclusion, and equity
● Demonstrated experience in database entry and support; familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
● Experience working for a nonprofit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
Starting salary range is $35,000 to $40,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually; fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee and all dependents; and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by February 5 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos at GinaA@forthmobility.org.