Human Resources Manager
Title: Human Resources Manager
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: Remote or Portland, OR
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $55,000-$78,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth’s mission is to electrify transportation by bringing diverse stakeholders together to eliminate barriers to access, so that communities prosper and the planet thrives. We advance our mission through industry development, innovative demonstration projects, policy advocacy, and public engagement. Learn more on our website.
Forth’s continued growth has created a new opportunity on our Organizational team for an individual to lead our human resource efforts, with a strategy and approach that supports racial diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek candidates who are passionate about developing and managing systems that support an organization’s people and culture. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to building equitable human resource practices, enthusiastic about creating an engaging employee experience and comfortable building relationships across all levels of an organization. The candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Human Resources Manager manages Forth’s personnel and human resource programs in collaboration with the Associate Director to support a strong, inclusive culture that puts people first. Forth is a growing and nimble organization and the Human Resources should be flexible and prepared to introduce and improve new processes as appropriate.
● Update and manage hiring, onboarding, retention and offboarding processes to support racial diversity, equity, and inclusion and guard against bias and other barriers to employment
● Administer Forth’s performance evaluation program and work with managers and employees on employee relations issues such as job performance, employee development, disciplinary action, and other confidential topics
● Design and manage a staff training program, alongside the Associate Director, to promote a high level of employee engagement and skills development in key areas
● Provide guidance and oversight to Forth’s Engagement Team and initiate strategies which improve the employee experience and create a positive, team-oriented working environment both in-person and remotely
● Manage and administer all employee benefits and vendor relationships
● Maintain and update the employee manual and other policy manual and work with other staff to develop policies to meet organizational needs
● Oversee payroll administration and ensure current and accurate personnel records
● Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all applicable State and Federal Employee/Employer laws and regulations
● Actively promote and support racial diversity, equity, and inclusion in Forth’s workplace culture and practices
● Perform various projects and other Human Resources related activities, as required
● Provide guidance and direction for direct report(s), ensuring that projects are completed on time and efficiently managed
● Manage continuous improvement and performance evaluation processes; including goal setting, annual reviews, and professional development
● A passion for Forth’s mission and values
● Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion and understanding of key concepts
● 3-5 years of experience in human resources, organizational development or related
● Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
● Knowledge in benefits-related laws and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, ADA, COBRA and OFLA
● Strong project management, attention to detail and organizational skills
● Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
● Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, public administration, or a related field
● Current PHR or SHRM-CP certification
● 2+ years of supervisory experience
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meet deadlines while maintaining work-life balance
● Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
● Valid driver’s license
Starting salary range is $55,000 to $78,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required). We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use, a professional development budget, an Employee Assistance Program, and a flexible working schedule.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by December 10 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos-Limardo at GinaA@forthmobility.org.