Title: Program Manager
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Location: Remote or Portland, OR
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $55,000-$65,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth’s mission is to electrify transportation by bringing diverse stakeholders together to eliminate barriers to access, so that communities prosper and the planet thrives. We advance our mission through industry development, innovative demonstration projects, policy advocacy, and public engagement. Learn more on our website.
Forth’s continued growth has created a new opportunity on our Programs team for an individual with a passion for managing innovative projects which advance electric mobility. We’re especially interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas: electric vehicles and charging, car sharing and other shared mobility programs, electric school buses, and electrifying farm equipment.
We seek candidates who are enthusiastic about electric mobility, comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners, and who share our commitment to racial diversity, equity and inclusion. The successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Program Management (~85%). Working closely with the Senior Program Manager and Programs team, the Program Manager develops and leads programs that advance electric mobility.
● Design and manage projects that advance electric mobility
● Develop, track and update program scope, budgets, work plans, and agreements; produce project deliverables
● Manage and coordinate with project partners and relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and effective communication
● Develop and produce awareness and engagement campaigns related to project work
● Collect and interpret data from programs managed; report on learnings
● Travel to and present at conferences and meetings as requested
● Convene industry stakeholders and manage working groups to build collaborative support for electric mobility
● Manage consulting and fee for service roles for work with partners and partner projects, where applicable
● Work closely with underserved communities to seek and identify ways to advance new mobility options for priority populations
Business Development (~15%). The Program Manager works with our dedicated business development team to develop new project ideas and cultivate new sources of funding from governments, foundations, companies, and other partners.
● Draft proposals and support staff in preparing RFP responses in collaboration with Forth’s business development team
● Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and best practices to identify emerging opportunities, threats, and needs
● Communicate any updates or feedback from clients or partners to the Senior Program Manager as needed
● Other responsibilities as required
● A passion for Forth’s mission and values
● Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion and understanding of key concepts
● 3-5 years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
● Strong project management and organizational skills
● Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
● Willingness and ability to travel nationally, occasionally overnight
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● Subject matter expertise in electric vehicles and charging, car sharing and other shared mobility programs, electric school buses, or electrifying farm equipment
● Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders (electric utilities, transportation agencies, charging companies, car companies, etc.)
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meet deadlines while maintaining work-life balance
● Demonstrated experience collaborating with matrixed organizations; ability to use systems thinking and interpret complex stakeholder needs
● Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
● Valid driver’s license
Starting salary range is $55,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required). We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use, a professional development budget, an Employee Assistance Program, and a flexible working schedule.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by December 10 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos-Limardo at GinaA@forthmobility.org.