Senior Communications Associate
Title: Senior Communications Associate
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Location: Portland, OR (Hybrid)
Hours: Full time (1.0 FTE/estimated 40 hours per week)
Starting Salary: $51,500 - $59,000
Apply at: https://forth.hiringthing.com
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a fast-growing nonprofit with a mission to electrify transportation by bringing people together to create solutions that reduce pollution and barriers to access. Founded in the Pacific Northwest, we now work nationwide. Learn more on our website.
The Communications Associate is responsible for supporting our communications and marketing efforts, managing our social media channels using a data-driven approach, supporting the maintenance of our website and online presence, supporting media campaigns, creating, editing and updating collateral, organizing and maintaining assets and images and supporting organizational and project-focused marketing efforts.
This position calls for someone who has digital marketing skills and is creative, organized and enthusiastic about communicating with Forth’s target audiences to advance our mission. Forth is a growing, dynamic organization; the Communications Associate will manage many competing assignments and deadlines, and assist the team’s marketing requirements where needed.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Organizational Communications and Marketing (50%). Working closely with the Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications and the Communications Manager, the Senior Communications Associate supports the development and implementation of Forth’s marketing and communications strategies.
- Manage Forth’s presence on social media networks
o Research and assist in the creation of engaging digital content that reaches our key audiences
o Provide analytics and reports for all promoted social media campaigns
o Oversee digital ad campaigns, including LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
o Suggest shifts to Forth’s tactics to adapt and maximize reach and engagement
o Maintain the organization’s editorial calendar, coordinating competing campaign and communication priorities and timelines
- Assist in writing and editing multiple types of print and digital content for both internal and external use
- Work with internal teams to maintain and update collateral and website information
- Update, organize and maintain Forth’s photo/image libraries
- Support earned media efforts including press releases and other media coverage
- Develop forms, templates, multimedia content, and collateral material
- Other marketing and communications projects as required
Program Communications and Marketing (50%). This position provides communications and marketing support to our program and policy teams with direction from the Communications Manager.
- Assist in the development of project collateral and communications strategies in support of program and policy teams
- Communicate with external consultants, designers and printers
- Support program staff in developing reports, fact sheets, posters, presentations, infographics, white papers, articles, op-eds, and other collateral materials
- Update and prepare collateral using MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, (such as InDesign or Canva), PowerPoint, and other design tools
- Serve as liaison between Program Teams and Marcom Team to maintain up to date information on programs and campaigns to add to the organization’s editorial calendar
· Provide analytics and reports for all promoted social media campaigns
· Minimum two years of experience in communications, marketing or related field specifically including social media strategy and execution
· Excellent writing and copyediting skills
· Experience with social media campaign management programs, Mac OS, Microsoft, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Docs, and Google Analytics
· A passion for Forth’s mission and values and a desire to deepen your understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
· Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, set and accomplish realistic goals
· Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with transporting collateral materials and event set upLocated within 60 miles of Portland, Oregon, or willing to move there - this job is classified as hybrid and requires some time at our Portland office
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, publishing or related field
· Experience crafting and editing mission-driven press releases, newsletters, marketing materials, white papers, and social media posts
· Cross-cultural communication experience
· Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
· Working knowledge of the electric transportation field, energy or other related fields
· Experience with email communications software and CRM/database programs
Starting salary range is $51,500 - $59,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required). We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use, a professional development budget, an Employee Assistance Program, and a flexible working schedule. A relocation stipend is available for those who will be moving to Portland after receiving an offer of employment.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by August 21, 2022 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.